Grace 2013

Friday, June 26, 2015

Thank you :)

Life has this way of moving on regardless of what we, as it’s passengers, tend to want it to do.  It changes.   Sometimes we have to simply let go.  Our children grow and with that their needs change.  This will be my final blog post about Grace. 

Because if there’s one thing I’m sure of it’s that every child deserves to write their own story.  Grace has everything she needs to be successful.  She is strong, smart, kind and just.  She knows right from wrong and is honest and sincere.  What she needs from me now isn’t to tell her story anymore.  She needs me to live it for her and with her.  To continue to SHOW her what strength and goodness look like – she already shows me every day. 

Grace’s story is just beginning and it is going to be truly amazing.  If you are lucky enough to know her she will share it with you.  But it is hers and hers alone.  I am going to gladly let it go now and hand it over to it’s true owner – Grace Anne Hoiness. 


THANK YOU for sharing this journey with Grace and me.  Raising a child on the autism spectrum is extremely difficult and can be very isolating – but it is an immense blessing as well.  Sharing this has brought me tremendous peace and I truly hope I have helped others. 

- Erica



No comments:

Post a Comment