I could not continue writing this blog without stopping to say thank you to one person who has made the single greatest impact on Grace’s recovery and progress. This beautiful and selfless person has given countless hours of her time guiding me and monitoring every success and every setback that Grace has made. She has been here for Grace and I from the very beginning, every day, regardless of her own life, health, work and personal situations. This person is my “aunt”, Tina.
Tina is actually my mom’s cousin. But she has always been my aunt. She doesn’t have her own biological children. Instead she has hundreds of children. Special needs children, autistic children, kindergarten children (most grown now) who she has loved and molded as a teacher. She possesses a wealth of knowledge that I am honored to have shared in. Tina is a champion for autistic and special needs children. The lives of all parents and children who cross her path are blessed.
My aunt has spent her life caring for others. She selflessly cares for anyone who needs her. She now spends her time tending to my wonderful Nana (her aunt), and other various family members as well as checking up on Grace. As she moves into this next phase of her life, I want her to know that we are here for her. I love you Tina!
No comments:
Post a Comment